the butterstick blog

I'm a panda, and I've got things to say.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Clearing up a few things

I'm not going to say anything directly negative about the National Zoo. They do a lot of things right. They also have me surrounded and control my access to food.

But I did want to set a few things straight...
#1 This whole Tai Shan name thing, it's a public relations gesture and nothing more. All my friends call me Butterstick. That's what I call myself. That's my name.

I'm young, so I'm still figuring things out, but as best I can tell this kind of thing happens all the time, and it's best if we just ignore the foolery. I mean, it's not like anyone actually calls it "Reagan Airport", because that's stupid. It's National airport, everyone knows that. I mean, seriously, who names an airport after a senile, B-grade actor who's known for union busting in the PATCO strike? So it's National Airport, and I'm Butterstick. Period.

#2 I'm not at all invovled with the folks who've been getting the word out and making Butterstick swag, but I do appreciate it. Thanks!

#3 It wasn't my idea to only let the wealthy zoo donors get first dibs at visiting me, and while I appreciate their philanthropy, it's kind of starting to creep me out. Where are the hotties and hip young people? No one gets my Arcade Fire references. This kind of blows, and I hope they let more people come visit soon.

#4 I heard some rumor that although I live in America, I'm in a place that has taxation without representation. That's not actually true is it? I mean, that'd be crazy.

9 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Butterstick in 08 said...

I love this! Can we start the Butterstick in 08 campaign now?

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Megarita said...

I've been waiting for you to start writing, Butterstick (for that is all I will ever call you)! Bring it on, o fuzzy one!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger KOB said...

I hope Butterstick becomes a total snark.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Mari said...

Yo Ty, Ty Shawn, hang in there brother, we'll get you out one day and you can roll with my crew in the hood.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Rusty said...

Butterstick, we love
Black and White, love pure and true
I effin hate Bush!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger st. alex said...

eeeeeeeeeeee!!! does wonkette know about this?? i hope so.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Velomad said...

Good on you Butterstick! Keep it coming - we'll back you.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger LabWitch said...

butterstick in 2008? why would you do that to his cuteousness? he's a just a baby and any baby this cute deserves better than politics.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Dr. Kayhan said...

More Butterstick swag: T-shirts with Butterstick in Chinese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home